Nicole begun her venture in 2014, StitchaHandmade specialises in creating bespoke textile illustrated lampshades for the home.
A little about Her:
"Since December 2014 I have taken a real focus on creating a collection of city and sea scapes, drawing on themes of the Cornish coast, England’s top cities and beautiful European architecture.
Each lampshade is created without drawing a template on the fabric first. It is my rule to stitch almost blind. Every lampshade can be uniquely tailored to suit your requirements.
Bespoke, high quality and affordable textile illustrated interior design for your home - perfect for any occasion, or simply as a well-deserved treat for yourself!
My work can be found at a number of stockists throughout the United Kingdom and Internationally, Including ,MakeUK (Hampshire), and Block T (Dublic, Ireland). In 2016 Stitcha Handmade will be featured in House & Garden Magazine and is looking to accept Not On The Highstreets offer of acceptance on their platform. "
Nicole's five facts:
1) My very first handmade item was a paper mache bowl with hand painted goldfish on when I was at Primary School
2) I am looking to base myself in the South West in the Future and expand my stockists alongside a personal pop up shop on wheels – being inspired by the tv show of Georges Amazing Spaces.
3) I did not study textiles or illustration at university. I instead gained a first Ba Honours in Theatre. Which means that you can achieve anything, even if it differs from your previous studies.
4) I reached grade 6 on Alto Saxophone.
5) I eat a lot and do not exercise...although I think I should perhaps start.
Thank you to Nicole for sharing her five facts and telling us a little of life behind her designs!
I am looking forward to our next meet the maker...keep a look out, or if you would like to be featured get it touch!
Images are those of StitchaHandmade.