Its that time again! The evening that you can get your self a nice brew, & have a little read about a maker & their story behind the work. My fourth Meet the Maker, I cant express how much I am enjoying meeting independent makers & learning more about the mind behind the work!
This week I am super happy to Welcome Brighton based artist & blogger Lucy & her lovely brand Peas & Needles. With bursts of colour, craft tutorials & never ending enthusiasm this lady is a huge inspiration & it is a must to drop in & check out her weaving skills.
So here is a little about her...
"By day I work as a freelance graphic designer and illustrator, I have worked for clients such as the Science Museum and the BBC but its my blog Peas and Needles that I get the most fulfilment. I've created all sorts from Christmas pudding pinatas to documenting my life from the many pots that I buy and my weaving. I am currently getting myself ready for the Christmas period and I have been holding my own weaving classes in and around Brighton which is great fun."
Lucy's 5 facts:
1) I really don't like peas.
2) I am a self taught weaver. I spent many hours watching you tube videos and have only just recently learnt from a professional. I spent a week at the West Dean college learning with the pros. It was the best week!
3) I own approximately 12 different striped tops. I swear they are all different in their own way.
4) Our dream right now is to buy a camper or a van and completely do it up and leave for a few months. See ya.
5) I own more cactuses than I do striped tops!
Thank you so much to Lucy for joining us with Meet the Maker! Go check out her blog and her tutorials for fun projects at www.peasandneedles.co.uk!